Wellness Wednesday on KOTZ Radio
Wellness Wednesday is a monthly radio show hosted on KOTZ Radio. Maniilaq employees discuss a variety of health topics specific to the Maniilaq service area.
Track your fitness activity minutes and earn entries for a chance to win awesome prizes. Panel discussion on exercise varieties, by Terry Moran, M.S., R.N. MHC Diabetes Program Community Wellness Coach, Levi Gilbert, Maniilaq H.C. Intern, Annabelle Alvite, Community Volunteer and Paul Tallman,Kotzebue City Parks & Recreation Director.
- Establish healthy
- Encourage parent-child
- Promote optimal
- Promote social, emotional and mentalwell-being.
- Prevent infectious diseases and their
- Decrease mortality
- Reinforce positive parenting
- Helps to detect any problems early and keeps them up-to-date on immunizations
- Provide counseling regarding age appropriate developmental and health
- Assist parents in locating professional
- It improves satisfaction among, parents and
- Establishhealthybehaviorsduringchildhoodinsteadoftryingto change unhealthy behaviors during
- Increase the number of people rating their health as very good to excellent.
- Decrease mortality
- Prevent substance use and its
- PreventHIV,STD’sandunintendedpregnanciesandtheir consequences.
- Preventandreduceunhealthybehaviorsthatcauseandexacerbate chronic
When should your child have a well-child checkup?
2 months; 4 months; 6 months; 9 months; 12 months;
15 months; 18 months; 24 months; 30 months Every year from age 3
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), public health professionals, and our practice recommend that everyone 6 months of age and older should get a flu vaccine every year. Flu vaccination can reduce flu illnesses, doctors’ visits, and missed work and school due to flu, as well as prevent serious flu complications that can result in hospitalization and even death.
Public Health Nursing staff will discuss:
-Benefits of flu vaccination
-Side effects of flu vaccine
-How the flu vaccine reduces your risk of flu
Kari Lundgren, PA-C, CAQ Psychiatry.