Maniilaq Health Center is a modern, 17-bed facility serving Kotzebue and 11 surrounding villages with Tribal, Health and Social Services. Maniilaq Health Center is a great place both for those finishing residency and looking for a place to start their medical career and for experienced physicians who enjoy the rewards of traditional primary care.
We use telemedicine to provide daily medical care to 11 outlying villages. With no roads between our communities, providers have the opportunity to fly to their assigned villages for regularly scheduled field clinics.
Specialty consultations are available by telephone 24/7 through Alaska Native Medical Center in Anchorage, which also provides medical providers for our Specialty Field Clinics in Kotzebue. Our ER and OB call are shared.
**MANIILAQ ASSOCIATION REQUIRES NEW HIRES TO BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 PRIOR TO THEIR FIRST DAY OF WORK.**
Living in the region
Not only will you have a rewarding, meaningful and varied employment experience, you will live above the Arctic Circle. You will have an opportunity to discover Inupiat culture and experience life on the tundra. Summer’s midnight sun brings long daylight hours for boating, picnics on the beach, bird watching and picking berries. Winter in Northwest Alaska brings plenty of snow with abundant opportunities for snowmobiling, hunting, dog mushing and ice fishing.
Join our team
Maniilaq Association is appreciative of our employees and strives to offer the best possible benefits including:
- IHS, NHSC, and Alaska SHARP student loan repayment site
- Free health, dental, vision, life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance for employees and discounted coverage for dependents. We have various insurance vendors for our employees to choose from ie., National Letter Carriers, Blue Cross, SAMBA, and GEHA to list a few
- AFLAC Health Savings account availability
- All Maniilaq employees are enrolled in the 401(k) retirement plan on the 1st of the month after being hired and Maniilaq will make contributions on your behalf. The current amount is 5% of your first $75K earned, then 4% of your next $55K earned, and 3% of everything you earn more than $130K
- Up to 4% employer-matched 401(k) retirement account. Fully vested once the money is in the account.
- Paid time off (PTO) starts at 30 days (6 weeks) PTO accrued in the first year, 35 days (7 weeks) after the second year, 40 days (8 weeks) after the fifth year, and 45 days (9 weeks) after the tenth year
- 12 paid holidays
- Cash-out up to 360 hours of unused PTO each fiscal year
- CME benefits (CME days and expense budget) for our Medical Professionals
- Maniilaq Staff Housing; furnished and easily accessible from MHC and available for qualifying staff
- Activity center with full gym and men’s and women’s saunas for employees and their family members
- Counseling, legal assistance, and other services through our Employee Assistance Program
- No State income tax
- Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend
- Relocation assistance is available for positions with a pay range of 14 or higher
- Close-knit & caring community
- 5-minute commute/walk to work
- Endless ways to enjoy the beauty of Alaska including photography, camping, hiking, year-round hunting/fishing, berry picking, boating, four-wheeling, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, New Year’s fireworks display and snowmobile racing, 4th of July fair & parade, dog sled racing & more!
*All benefits are subject to change. Updated 9/7/2022
Maniilaq Association is a drug free workplace and pre-employment drug screening is conducted.
A majority of positions at Maniilaq fall under the jurisdiction of Public Law 101-630, in which applicants cannot have been convicted of two misdemeanor crimes against a person or one felony crime against a person. Additionally, certain positions fall under background check requirements of the State of Alaska, in which the State will make all determinations on employment eligibility. If you have further questions on background check requirements for a position you are applying for, please contact Human Resources at (907) 442-7660.
A P.L. 93-638 Native/Indian Preference/EEO Employer