The Vision Statement was prepared by the employees of Maniilaq
Health Services, coordinated by the Quality Improvement Council, using
a collaborative process begun in the Fall of 1995 and completed in May
Our Vision Statement consists of four interrelated parts: Purpose;
Mission; Vivid Description; and Core Values & Beliefs.
The PURPOSE speaks to Why We Are Here.
The MISSION says Where We Want To Go, And By When.
The VIVID DESCRIPTION is a picture of
How We Will Look When Our Mission Is Accomplished.
We commit to the CORE VALUES AND BEliEFS as Standards For Our Behavior.
This Vision is lofty
and very difficult to achieve, but provides us with a common direction
and a focus for our motivation and energy. We call on the employees of
Maniilaq Health Services to commit themselves to making every aspect of
this Vision happen, in unity, using teamwork.
We ask all other employees
of Maniilaq Association, and all of our patients and regional community
members, to help and encourage us in our efforts. We request that you
forgive us our shortcomings as we struggle to learn, grow and succeed
in improving your health service system.
All customers of Maniilaq Health services, including its
employees, are empowered, and involved partners in its high quality
services and healing atmosphere.
Maniilaq Health Center provides comprehensive health care to all
the people in our service area while promoting prevention, fitness,
wellness, holistic strategies, and incorporating local traditional core
values and beliefs.
How we will look when our Mission is accomplished.
- Our customers are informed partners in their care. They are involved in improving their health
and use health care resources wisely.
- Our customers are delighted and enthusiastic about our services
- Opportunities abound for everyone to be educated
- We have a healthy, safe, clean environment
in all our facilities
- State of the art facilities and utilities
are in every village
- Our customers experience a comforting, inviting
atmosphere when they come in the door and know
they will receive the highest level of care
- The Inupiaq culture is sustained and reflected
in the care we provide
- All available means are used to enhance communication
- Conflicts are resolved through supportive
- Empowered employees are working harmoniously
to achieve excellence and to reach Maniilaq
Health Services and personal goals
- Continuity of care is achieved through staff
- Many Native health professionals are at work
- We take pride as leaders in the community
- We provide quality services throughout our
- Continuous improvement is a way of life
- All waste is reduced
- Our suppliers share our mission
- Everyone believes possibilities are limitless
- We are at the forefront of the healing arts
- Medevac services are of highest quality
- Substance abuse is eliminated
All customers of Maniilaq Health Services, including its employees, are empowered,
involved partners in its high quality services and healing atmosphere.
At Maniilaq Health Services,
we establish these values and beliefs to be the
standard for our behavior.
- We believe that change is not only inevitable,
but presents us with opportunities for improvement
- We will work together to continually improve
all that we do
- We will promote an environment of openness,
trust and integrity
- We will respect confidentiality for all
- We will be concerned and caring and treat
everyone with respect and dignity
- We will celebrate diversity while promoting
harmony and self-respect
- We believe work should be fun and fulfilling
- We strive to be fair and consistent in our
dealings with others
- We believe in taking responsibility for our
- As ambassadors for Maniilaq, we will strive
to be a good example for others
- We believe in preserving and promoting Inupiaq
values and culture
- We believe that all employees can excel and
we will support the development of their full
- We believe our best decisions are guided
by fact rather than opinions
- We will provide a safe and healthy work environment
- We will support the assumption of individual
responsibility for health through sharing knowledge